Click here to: Mobile Bay Times.
Mobile Bay Times
... the people and places, politics and culture of the Mobile Bay area
Sullivan fighting to hold on to City Council District 2
By Chip Drago
Mobile Bay Times
Mobile City Councilman Thomas Sullivan raised $15,765 during the weeks leading up to Tuesday's city elections as he attempts to claim a fifth four-year term at City Hall.
Sullivan opened the period with a balance of $589.27 and spent $9,284.05, leaving his campaign with a balance of $7,070.22, according to his final pre-election financial disclosure.
Candidates for municipal office must file financial disclosure statements 45 days prior to the election and again 10 to five days before the election.
Others contending for the District 2 seat are William Carroll, Johnny Burroughs and Jeffery Jones.
Sullivan's financial backers include:
- George M. Ward, $100; James M. Grodnick, $250; MBI, LLC, $750; James F. Strandberg of Oakland, CA, $450;
- Stephen E. Davis of Tucson, AZ, $450; Garrett P. Westerhoff of Chester, NJ, $450; David C. Dechant of Scottsdale, AZ, $450;
- Perry Hand, a former Republican state senator from Gulf Shores, $250; R.W. Summerford, $250; DVA/HC PAC, $500;
- J.H. Faulkner, $500; Volkert and Associates, $500; Charles Munden, $500; T. Keith King, $500; Atchison Law Firm, P.C., $500;
- Mobile Auto-PAC, $1,000; Jack Boatman, $200; Shelbonnie Hall, $100; Joseph B. Pierce, $300; Brenda Kennedy, Deborah and Jacqueline Johnson, $1,000;
- Mr. & Mrs. G.B. Saad, $500; FED III LLC, $250; FED IV LLC, $250; K and S Convenience Store, $300; Gulf City Lodge, $500;
- Bond B Turcking & Equipment, $500; Mildred K. Dais, $100; Peter Dais Movers, $100; James W. Wilson, $1,000; Southern State P.B.A. Inc., $200;
- Alberta Richardson, $50; Nathaniel Richardson, $100; Friendship P.B. Church, $165; B.S. Malkove, $200;
- Henry R. Seawell, $1,000; Mobile Area Association of Realtors, $1,500.
Among the Sullivan campaign's expenditures were the following: $512.27, BellSouth; $900, Property Realty Inc.; $1,030, Cumulus Broadcasting; $900, Property Realty Inc.; $2,169.10, Griffice Printing; $820.25, WKRG TV; $420.75, WALA TV; and $865, On Media.
For complete details of the Sullivan campaign's final pre-election financial report, click here.