Major Jones' fundraiser scheduled
A $500 per couple fundraiser to benefit Mobile County Commissioner Sam Jones' bid to become the first black mayor in Mobile's 300-year
history will be held Wednesday,
The event at 1208 Palmetto St. in
the Oakleigh Garden District home
of Mr. and Mrs. Gary Cooper is
being billed as an opportunity to
"thank (Jones) for all his years of
hard work for Mobile and to
celebrate his candidacy with friends
Hosting the two-hour reception
which begins at 6 p.m. are:
and Mrs. Steve Davies; Mr.
Larry Hallett; Mr. and Mrs.
Keith Jones; Mr. and Mrs.
- Mr. and Mrs. Henry Seawell, III; Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Ball; Mr. and Mrs. Larry Wettermark; Mr. and Mrs. Thomas M. Galloway, Jr.
- Dr. and Mrs. Thomas Kessler; Mr. Donald J. Stewart; Mr. Richard Sullivan; Mr. and Mrs. Riley Boykin Smith; Mr. and Mrs. Caesar F. Rivers;
- Mr. Richard Davis; Dr. Jewell R. Felder; Mr. Henry W. Flowers; Mr. and Mrs. Terry Harbin; Mr. Marshall McLeod; Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Thompson;
- Mr. and Mrs. Don Langham; Mr. and Mrs. Cooper C. Thurber; Mr. and Mrs. Thomas O. Galliard, III; Mr. and Mrs. Andrew J. Rutens; Mr. Phil Tyus;
- Dr. Herb Stone; Mr. and Mrs. Tony Moore; Mr. Donald Ponquinette; Mr. and Mrs. Sidney King; Ms. Cecily Kaffer; Dr. and Mrs. James O. Gordon; Mr. John C.H. Miller, Jr.
Jones has served as a Mobile county commissioner since 1987. His opponents in the Aug. 23 municipal mayoral election are City Councilman John Peavy, former state Sen. Ann Bedsole and ex-Councilwoman Bess Rich.
Cooper of Commonwealth National Bank here is a former ambassador to Jamaica in the administration of former President Jimmy Carter.
For further information call (251) 433-6016.
For those who are unable to attend but wish to contribute to Jones' campaign, donations may be mailed to: Sam Jones Campaign, P.O. Box 40621, Mobile, AL 36640.